Friday, May 27, 2011

Current Events

The article I read was called "Sheriff's deputy, 2 others arrested in Arizona human trafficking bust" on the CNN website. This article was writen by the CNN wire staff on May 26, 2011. This article talks about the authorites in Arizona arresting three employeesfrom the sheriff's office. This happened because they were helping human traffickers and drug smugglers. This happened on Tuesday May 24, 2011. The article didn't say why these employees might have done this. One clarifying question that I have is: how long are the criminals going to be in prison? And one open-ended question is: How do you think the authorities found out about the help that the employees were offering? A connection to this is that this reminds me of when I do something wrong, I get sent to my room and am grounded. This is similar to this topic because the criminal helped human traffickers and drug smuggler; and now they are facing time in prison for the crime they committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment